Parent Teacher Student Association
Our Parent Teacher and Student Association's (PTSA) goal is to bring together the interests of the parents and the school to support student achievement. We normally meet once a month. Through PTSA initiatives and activities, parents work with the faculty to enhance the school environment and improve student achievement.
WHAT DOES THE PTSA DO?
- Supports and organizes school-wide events
- Provides a forum to discuss issues of importance to parents and teachers
- Provides the volunteers and the organization needed to support school projects
- Conducts fundraising for school activities
- Assists with special school projects development, landscaping or community outreach
HOW DO I JOIN THE PTSA?
The PTSA membership drive begins a few weeks after the new school year starts. Contact our school for information regarding membership meetings, dues and activities.
PTSA Council & Committees
Parent Programs ~ (partners with SHMS Parent Liaison)
Publicity ~ (partners with SHMS Media Specialist)
Staff Appreciation ~ (partners with SHMS Staff Morale Team)