Students in all grade levels who are new to the Atlanta Public Schools should register as soon as possible. Students registering for pre-kindergarten must be four years of age on or before September 1, 2007. Kindergarten students must be five years old and first graders must be six years old on or before September 1, 2007. The documents listed below are required for students enrolling for the first time and students transferring within the system.
1. Withdrawal form from previous school (if applicable) along with transcript
and/or grade record and discipline report from previous school and
address of previous school.
2. Official Certificate of Birth
3. Social Security Card or Objection to Use of SSN
4. Georgia Certificate of Immunization (Form 3231)
a. A notarized affidavit is allowed for school enrollment in lieu of an
immunization record for parents who will not allow their children to
be immunized due to their religious beliefs. The notarized affidavit
is placed in the student’s Permanent Record Folder (PRF) in the
place of the immunization record.
5. Georgia Certificate of Ear, Eye and Dental Examination (Form 3300)
6. Parent’s or guardian’s proof of residence must be provided on an annual
basis and upon transferring a child from one school zone to another.
7. Proof of Legal Guardianship (if applicable). Relatives other than the
grandparents or non-relatives with whom students are residing must
have legal gguardianship. Person without guardianship must complete
a Non-Parental Affidavit which grants 30 days for the person to complete
the guardianship process.
8. Proof of Residency along with a General Enrollment Affidavit or Affidavit of
For information regarding Pre-Kindergarten Programs contact the Pre-K Department at 404-802-3638 or 404-802-3640.